The Reason for the Season / Why are we doing this?
- Continue the story of our windmills. The original intent of the Festivals was to fund, finance, restore and erect the windmill collection at the 2nd Chance Ranch. The Windmills with their History had more to do with settling the west than the gun itself. If it were not for the windmill, man or livestock could not settle far from streams or rivers. The original goal of restoring our windmills will continue. Many are in poor state of repair due to storm damage over the years.
- Restore Longwood Country School. Nebraska had more school Districts than any other state in America. Custer County had more school districts than any county in Nebraska. Longwood District No 6 was reunited with the swing, merry go round, teeter totter and flag pole purchased 30 years ago by Gunter Nuxoll, an eighteen-year-old with vision beyond his years.
- Repair the Dempster House. Named after the Beatrice, Nebraska company that made the Dempster windmills which totally surround It. This house was built in 1897 by a homesteader, and moved two miles from the Treptow family who last owned it. It has seen stars from the festivals on the inside as well as the stars which have shown above it.
- Re-Ignite the concerts that brought the finest talent in the world to the Windmill Festival, Comstock Rock and Godstock. Also help honor investors and ticketholders of the past.
- Help develop tourism in Comstock and the surrounding area. Comstock has two businesses: a bar and pop machine. It once had 60 legitimate businesses.